Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Jethro Tull - Broadsword And The Beast (1982) [Remastered 2005]

Album: Broadsword And The Beast
Genre: Folk Rock
Label: Chrysalis Records
Website: Facebook

I think its time to add some rock albums in here, i don't have that many of them but they will be posted sometime. I gotta say, this is my latest purchase, i found it at the local store in town and it was really cheap, so i would not miss the opportunity. So, as i was randomly browsing the shop's shelves and sections looking for good music, i could not help but notice this kick ass artwork Jethro Tull have used on this album, and i mean kick-all-almost-viking-metal-covers ass. Thanks to Wikipedia, the wonderful runes all the way around the drawing are: I see a dark sail on the horizon, set under a black cloud that hides the sun. Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding. Bring me my cross of gold as a talisman. (and they are also lyrics on Broadsword).

This album is the 14th one by them, following the folk-influenced sound that they used for their early albums, mixing it with lots of acoustic parts and some electronic elements. Its a unique band with unique music and it worths your time/money/blood donation, you can use it as an easy-going break from the extreme metal you listen the rest of the day, or it is just me who does that. There are ear friendly melodies here and im sure you will enjoy them. Not to mention that the remastered version has, not one or two but 8 bonus songs, which is like bonus CD or something.

And minus the bloody pirate ship...

No comments:

Post a Comment