Sunday, December 18, 2016

AOTY 2016 - Chapter 1: Non-metal


I don't know how to start this.


10. Western Skies Mottel - Settlers
Genre: Instrumental Folk, Acoustic
Listen: Bandcamp

A new discovery for me, I haven't heard anything else by this band. Calm, peaceful and euphoric. I'm sick as I'm writing this and the record feels as good as medicine.


9. Our Burgundy - Quills
Genre: Rock'n'roll, Blues, Grunge
Listen: Bandcamp

Very nice blend of rock elements by this band and their grungy touches are really nice.


8. MONO - Requiem for Hell
Genre: Post-Rock
Listen: Bandcamp

They are among the best of the genre for a reason. I can't say it's my favorite Mono record but it's really beautiful nonetheless.


7. Forndom - Dauðra Dura
Genre: Ambient Folk
Listen: Bandcamp

I used to follow this guy for his forest / nature art and then I realize he had announced a music project as well. The result turned out to be as haunting and amazing.


6. 1000mods - Repeated Exposure To...
Genre: Stoner Rock
Listen: Bandcamp

Many people are getting mad over this, I find it really pleasing. 


5. Russian Circles - Guidance
Genre: Post-Rock, Post-Metal
Listen: Bandcamp

Another band difficult to dislike. Guidance is amazing.


4. Mike & The Melvins - Three Men and a Baby
Genre: Stoner Rock, Sludge, Noise Rock
Listen: Youtube

Nice collaboration between Mike Kunka and the gods. This album was a possible #1 for this list but hey...


3. Wardruna - Runaljod – Ragnarok
Genre: Dark Folk, Ambient
Listen: Youtube

The masters? Yes. This can travel you to places...


2. Red Fang - Ghosts
Genre: Hard Rock
Listen: Bandcamp



1. If These Trees Could Talk - The Bones of a Dying World
Genre: Post-Rock
Listen: Bandcamp

It is breathtaking, I can't write much more I'm fainting.


------


Heavier lists will come the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment