Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Brutal Truth - Sounds of the Animal Kingdom (1997)

It’s unfortunate to say this since this album has maybe one of my favourite grindcore related openers ever, which is a phrase that I find myself repeating in my head when I generally listen to suboptimal music: still not loud enough, still not fast enough… As much as Brutal Truth is not your typical band of the genre, and Sounds of the Animal Kingdom was definitely another bold creation, it’s a bit all over the place, with damaged production and not nearly as good as the first two masterpieces from the band. The 22-minute mayhem at the end was kinda unnecessary and numerous tracks are skippable, yet there’s a few really amazing riffs and sections around, but you have to find them. I dig the Marvel-like cover, the title and the first three tracks. Then it’s a hit or miss. [2.5 out of 5 - Average]

Release: September 23rd, 1997
Label: Relapse Records

8 comments:

  1. Είσαι σκληρός εδώ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only like their first one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally like them, I will have a dive in their later stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://sintrabloguecintia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. Also add you.
    Sintra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Καλός δίσκος είναι! Αλλά όντως όχι σαν τα προηγούμενα...

    ReplyDelete